The Well House
Cllr J Mann
The Well House is nearly 90 years old and can be found on the corner of Plough Gardens and the High Street.
It was given to the village in 1926 by J T Fripp Esq following the urgent need for a reliable water source as a result of the drought of 1921 and in memory of his son killed in France in 1915. The opening ceremony then was conducted by Sir Alfred Fripp, surgeon to King George V.
The Well House has served both as a source of water and a memorial and the inscriptions inside the structure best describe its history.